1)Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? White hot chocolate! Last year Kent and I drank white hot chocolate every time we waited in the hospital before our prenatal class started, and he bought some for me every day of our four day hospital stay after Casey was born. So needless to say, white hot chocolate has some wonderful connections for me. Except that last week I tried to create a white hot chocolate date downtown for us with the babe and it totally bombed. So we might have to recreate that one because I’d like it to be a yearly tradition.
2)Does Santa Wrap Presents or Just Sit Them Under The Tree? He wraps them in these bags!
3)Colored Lights or White Lights. I have white because they are attached to my fake tree. I think I might like coloured better – never really thought about it though.
4)Do you hang Mistletoe? No, but I totally should!
5)When Do You Put Your Christmas Decorations Up? Sometime in the end of November or beginning of December.
6) What is Your Favorite Holiday Dish? Turkey, mashed potatoes, caesar salad, meatballs. My comfort food.
7) Favorite Holiday Memory as a Child.Getting up really, really, really ridiculously early with my sisters every year.
8)When and How Did You Learn The Truth About Santa?I don’t remember at all… probably wasn’t that traumatic. I think I was in grade two.
9) Do You Open a Gift on Christmas Eve?We have a family get together on Christmas Eve with a gift exchange.
10)How Do You Decorate Your Christmas Tree?Umm, I put ornaments on it? I don’t do a “theme” tree or anything like that. I’m not that hardcore.
11)Snow! Love it or Dread it? Love it for a month or two, then dread it.
12)Can You Ice Skate? Yes sir.
13)Do You Remember Your Favorite Gift? Hmm, Kent made me a scrapbook once. I love getting homemade things.
14)What’s The Most Important Thing About The Holidays For You? Spending lots of time with family and friends, and from now on it will be making the holidays special for Casey.
15)What is Your Favorite Holiday Dessert? Pavlova!
16)What is Your Favorite Holiday Tradition? Holiday Home Tours, parades, Christmas Mass, coming up with great gift ideas, going to the mall when it’s ridiculously busy (I know most people hate it, but I love it. As long as I’m done my shopping, or most of it), getting together with my family and Kent’s, decorating my house, all my sisters being in one place at the same time. As Casey grows up I need to start creating our own little family traditions.
17) What Tops Your tree? Nothing! How sad is that! I’ll put it on the garage sale list for this summer!
18) Which Do You Prefer: Giving or Receiving? Giving, when I know the gift I picked out is really good. I don’t really like opening gifts in front of crowds at all.
19)What is Your Favorite Christmas Song? O Holy Night
20)Candy Canes…good or bad? Good!
21)Favorite Christmas Show? To Grandmother’s House We Go. I can pretty much quote the entire thing.
22) Saddest Christmas Song? Silent night – that was Lauren’s answer and I’ll agree.